JMACCT conducts the ‘Large Scale Clinical Trial Network Project,’ a clinical trial promotion project funded by a Health Labour Sciences Research Grant from the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (MHLW). Under this project, we run various initiatives to stimulate clinical trials in Japan.
Such initiatives include:
- Supporting investigator initiated clinical trials conducted under a Clinical Trial Notification (CTN*), through grant schemes subsidized by MHLW.
- Promoting clinical trials networks.
- Implementing education projects to raise clinical trial awareness and disseminate clinical trial knowledge.
- Operating the JMACCT Clinical Trial Registry.
- Contributing to the MHLW’s New 5 Yearly Clinical Trial Activation Plan for facilitating clinical trials.
As well as supporting investigator-initiated clinical trials and clinical trials networks, JMACCT conducts the Promotion Project of Clinical Research for New Medicine, a clinical research promotion program also funded by a research grant from MHLW.
*CTN: Japanese equivalent of a US IND.